Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I hope the Lions sue their a%^&s off


This is my take on the Southern Kings replacing the Lions in the Super 15 , and Lions President Kevin de Klerk puts it really well.

"We were under the impression that the outcome would have suited everybody. This must be seen in the light of what was said to the Sports Portfolio Committee, that the Kings would come in, but not at the expense of any other team.

"However, that statement [by SARU] held no value, as it appears the writing was on the wall. We were led up the garden path.

"I was dumbfounded when I arrived there [at the meeting] and realised this thing was a done deal ... we needn't have bothered with the meeting.

"For me it is a lack of leadership - it is the worst leadership I ever experienced."

The Southern Kings, and Cheeky Watson – whom I’m no fan of – are coming in for a lot of flack, but at the end of the day it’s SARU’s problem. There’s no denying that Eastern Province could do with a boost, but not at the expense of any of the current S15 teams. SARU have withdrawn top class rugby from one of the biggest rugby playing cities in the world.  I hope the Lions sue their arses off.  The Lions have some world class players, and if the choice is London, Paris or Port Elizabeth…

No comments:

Post a Comment