Friday, November 12, 2010

Get invovled with Bottom of the Ruck!

Rugby bottoms! Now there’s an area I’m spectacularly unqualified to comment on. But hey, when has that ever got in the way of a good opinion? I perhaps rashly (see what I did there) offered to write a blog post for http://www.bottomoftheruck.com/ ( I always like a new challenge to sink my teeth into), a fantastic not for profit organisation that raises money for Beating Bowel Cancer. Bowel Cancer is the third most common cancer in the UK and more than 100 people are diagnosed every day.

The cheeky people at Bottom of the Ruck organize a poll for you to vote for the rear end of your favorite rugby player as part of their efforts to raise awareness of bowel cancer.

It’s not confined to English players only, so the cream of Irish rugby get to strut their stuff as well. I did a straw poll with some of the ladies in my office who were better qualified to comment, and Rob Kearney and Tommy Bowe are leading contenders they feel. I interrupted a dreamy reverie on their part to check on other members of the list, and it seemed some the English lads might do as well. From my part, on my trips to the UK, I’ve certainly found the ladies of the UK to be of a very acceptable standard.

So what can you do to get involved? The ‘Bottom of the Ruck Awards’ will be held at Twickenham Stadium on the Monday 29th November 2010. Austin Healey is the compere, and Nick Kennedy, Delon Armitage, Topsy Ojo, James Haskell, Danny Care, Schalk Brits and Nils Mordt are going to be there in the flesh. All the details of the evening tickets are here.

You could also make a donation here. And finally, you can vote for your Bottom of the Ruck here. I believe competition at the top is very tight which is good to hear, wouldn’t want any saggy bottoms getting in there would we?

No comments:

Post a Comment